Monday, June 9, 2008

A Most Important Part

My mother always asked me what is the most important part of the body.
For years, I always trying to answer that question, with what I think is right.

When I was young, I'd think VOICE is the most important thing for us as a human, so I will answer, "EARS, Mom!"
Andshe will told me, "Nope. There are so many deaf people, and they can still be happy. But keep thinking and I will ask you again next time."

A few years later before she ask me again, I go to meet her and let her know my answer, "Mom, SIGHT is the most important thing for all of us, so it must be our EYES!" I'm very sure, this time my answer is right.
She looked at me and said, "You learn fast, but still there are so many blind people. They might not have eyes, but they still live."

Failed Again! But I kept looking for my new answer, and from time to time, My mother keep asking me for several of times, and every time I gave her my answer she always said, "No. Bu you got smarter from year to year, my son!"

Then, last year, my grandpa past away.
Everyone got so sad. Their cried, even my father cried so loud.
I still remembered that was the second time I see him cry.
My mother looked at me, and ask me, "Son, did you know the answer yet? What is the most important part of our body?"
I was surprise, because for all this times I think that question is just a game between me and her. And she can see my perplexity and said, "This is a very important question. This will show you whether you really "live" or not."

For every part of body that you answered before, I always said it is wrong and I told you why. BUT today will be a day where you learn something important in life."
She kept look at me with love and tenderness.
I can see her eyes full of tears.
She said,"Dear, the most important part of your body is your SHOULDER!"
I asked her, "Why? Is it because it can hold our head?"
"No!" She replied. "But because it can hold someone else head when they sad and don't have anyone to turn on. They need someone's shoulder to hold their head and cry on that shoulder.
Everyone need someone's shoulder to cry on. I just hope that you have so much love and have so much friends so you will always have a shoulder to cry on anytime you need it."

Finally, I know now, the most important thing in life, never be a self-center man. Have an emphaty and sympathy to those who in trouble and sorrow.

People will forget what you SAID...
People will forget what you DO...
But they will not forget when and how you make their life MEANINGFUL



"Success is not measured by what you accomplish
but by the opposition you have encountered,
and the courage with which you have maintained
the struggle against overwhelming odds."
--- Orison Swett Marden

No comments: